I missed having a thick slice of homemade bread, like I used to before I was gluten-free, to go along with my warm bowl of butternut squash soup. So, I created this delicious gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo bread that brings together the nutty flavors of almond and coconut with just a hint of cinnamon spice and maple. The bread is so moist that you don’t even need additional spreads.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
Servings: 8 to 12 slices
1-1/3 cups ALMOND FLOUR
1/2 cup COCONUT FLOUR
1/4 cup FLAX SEED MEAL
1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
1/2 teaspoon SALT
2 teaspoons LEMON JUICE
2 tablespoons MAPLE SYRUP
3 tablespoons VEGAN BUTTER
(+1 tablespoon for topping), melted
1/2 teaspoon CINNAMON, ground
(+1/2 teaspoon for topping)
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F
- PREPARE a 9X5 loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, COMBINE almond flour, coconut flour, flax seed meal, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, WHISK eggs
- MIX maple syrup into eggs
- WHISK melted butter into egg mixture. Stir well.
- COMBINE the egg mixture with the dry mixture. STIR well, making sure that there are no lumps in the batter.
- POUR the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Pat down the loaf so that the top is level for a nice looking crust
- BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown
- While bread is baking, PREPARE topping
- In a small bowl, MELT 1 teaspoon of butter
- MIX 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon into the butter
- REMOVE the loaf from the oven when a toothpick inserted in loaf comes out clean
- LIFT the loaf by the parchment and place on a plate to cool
- BRUSH topping mixture over loaf while hot
- SERVE warm or room temperature
- STORE in the refrigerator in foil for 4 to 5 days or freeze for 3 months
Inspired by CotterCrunch Cinnamon Almond Flour Bread