There are many healthy reasons to eat zucchini: it’s a good source of fiber, calcium, minerals, and vitamins. But let’s face it, I love these 30-minute vegetable patties just because they taste amazing. Dairy-free cheese makes them moist and red pepper flakes give them a little kick. Dip them in some marinara sauce and serve with more veggies and rice. You can make 16 cakes if you want them for appetizers, but I make 8 big ones and have 2 for dinner.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 6-12 minutes (6 minutes a cake)
Servings: 8 cakes
2 medium ZUCCHINI (3 cups)
3 EGGS, beaten
1 small ONION, chopped
3 cloves GARLIC, chopped
3/4 cup gluten-free ITALIAN BREAD CRUMBS
1/4 cup gluten-free ALL PURPOSE FLOUR (or gf baking mix)
1/4 cup dairy-free PEPPERJACK CHEESE
1/2 cup dairy-free CHEDDER CHEESE
1/2 teaspoon KOSHER SALT
1/2 teaspoon RED PEPPER FLAKES
2 tablespoons VEGETABLE OIL
- PREPARE zucchini
- SHRED 3 cups of zucchini. I use a food processor which makes it quick and easy.
- SALT zucchini and place in a colander for 10 minutes
- PRESS down on the zucchini with paper towels to express all the excess liquid into the sink. Getting out as much moisture as you can will improve the texture of the patty.
- PAT dry with a paper towel
- In a medium bowl, BEAT the eggs
- ADD the onion, garlic, gluten-free flour, dairy-free cheeses, red pepper flakes, and salt to taste. MIX well.
- STIR zucchini into the mixture and mix well
- PLACE bread crumbs in a flat bottom baking dish
- Wet your hands slightly and fORM the zucchini mixture into patties
- ROLL the patty into the bread crumbs, making sure to coat each side fully
- In a large skillet, HEAT the oil over medium-high heat
- Place the patties into the skillet and COOK for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden brown
- REMOVE patties from skillet and DRAIN/BLOT on a plate covered with a paper towel
- SERVE with marinara sauce for dipping
- STORE in foil in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. FREEZE for 90 days.
Inspired by Allrecipes.com Zucchini Patties
2 thoughts on “30-Minute Zucchini Patties – Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free”
That looks delicious!
Thank you. I do love zucchini.