My family is crazy about this classic chicken dish – mushrooms, chicken breasts, and marsala wine. It is light and moist with just the right amount of spices. This dish is great to serve to company but works well as a quick weekday dinner as well. I paired it with dairy-free mashed red potatoes and broccoli.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1/4 cup GLUTEN-FREE ALL-PURPOSE BAKING FLOUR* 1/2 teaspoon SALT 1/4 teaspoon GROUND BLACK PEPPER 1/2 teaspoon DRIED OREGANO 2 skinless, boneless CHICKEN BREASTS (cut in half and pounded to 1/4") 8 tablespoons VEGAN BUTTER 8 tablespoons OLIVE OIL 2 cups slices MUSHROOMS 1 cup MARSALA WINE 1/2 cup COOKING SHERRY
- In a shallow bowl, MIX flour, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- ROLL the chicken around in the flour mixture until it is completely coated on all sides. SHAKE off excess.
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM heat, MELT butter and oil together.
- PLACE chicken in pan and lightly brown on one site.
- TURN OVER chicken and ADD mushrooms.
- POUR in wine and sherry.
- COVER skillet and SIMMER for 10 minutes, TURNING once.
- It is done when chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- TIP: Gluten-free flour should never be scooped directly from the package because it compacts. Spoon it out into your measuring cup and level off to make sure you get the right amount. Doesn’t matter so much in this recipe but it does if you are baking.