It’s OK if you don’t want to believe me, but this is the best Banana Bread you will ever eat and it is also gluten and dairy free. Once you make it you will absolutely agree. I made this batch with dairy-free chocolate chips and topped it with walnuts but I have also made it with raisans, flax seed, and almonds. Let me know how yours turns out and what options you put in.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45-50 minutes
Servings: 12 slices (2 loaves)
4 large EGGS
4-5 very ripe BANANAS, mashed
1 cup SUGAR
4 ounces natural APPLESAUCE
1/3 cup high quality VEGETABLE OIL
1 teaspoon VANILLA
2 cups GLUTEN-FREE ALL-PURPOSE BAKING FLOUR
1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
1/4 teaspoon SALT
1/2 cup DAIRY-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIPS
1/2 cup WALNUTS, chopped/smashed
1/2 cup RAISINS
1/2 cup FLAX SEED
1/2 cup ALMONDS, chopped
- PRE-HEAT oven to 350 degrees F
- COAT two 9X5 loaf pans with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, BEAT the eggs and add the bananas and MASH together (or you can mash the bananas before this step, but I don’t like to dirty too many bowls)
- ADD the sugar, oil, vanilla, and applesauce and mix together well
- In medium bowl, BLEND together the flour, salt, and baking soda
- ADD the dry ingredients into the banana mash and with a big spoon or spatula MIX until all the dry ingredients are combined. Banana lump are fine, don’t over mix.
- FOLD IN any mix-ins at this point
- TRANSFER the batter into the loaf pans and SPRINKLE the top of each loaf with the nuts
- BAKE for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick in the center of the loaf comes out clean
- COOL in the pans for 10 minutes and then REMOVE from pans and cool on a wire rack for another 20 minutes
- NOTE: Try peeling your bananas from the bottom up, instead of the stem down, for easy, no mess peeling, especially when over ripe.
- STORE in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 2 days, then refrigerate. This bread freezes well for up to 6 months. Slice it frozen and toast it in the toaster oven.